Jerome B. Smith
- Sole Practitioner
Culver City, CA
Jerry has been practicing law as a partner in small firms and as a sole practitioner in the Los Angeles area for over 38 years. His law practice has always emphasized the personal nature of the relationship between an attorney and client. Jerry specializes in providing counsel to small and medium-sized businesses regarding their legal matters. He has formed numerous corporations, LLCs and Partnerships and then continued to handle all of their business needs. Jerry also has expertise in the area of real property, secured transactions, mergers and acquisitions and employment law. He has prepared many employee manuals, conducted harassment and discrimination investigations, negotiated employment and separation agreements and advised employers in a variety of wage and hour matters.
Areas Of Practice
- Business, Corporate and Commercial 50%
- Business Formation 20%
- Estate Planning 20%
- Trust Administration/Probate 10%
- California, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Winner, Environmental Essay Award
- University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California
- B.A. - 1973
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: History and Political Science
- Windigo Mills v Unemployment Ins. Appeals Bd, 92 CA3d 586; 155 Cal Rptr 55, 1979, California Court of Appeals
- In Re Marriage of Ben-Yehoshua, 91 Cal.App.3d 259;154 Cal Rptr. 80, 1979, California Court of Appeals
- Soft Gel Technologies, Inc.
- Tamanet (USA), Inc.
- MASS Group, Inc.
- Playland California, Inc.
- Erlich Foods International
- Curran Engineering, Inc.
- Tori Export, Inc.
- Superior Document Services, Inc.
Honors And Awards
- AV (Preeminent) Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbard, 1984-Present
- Super Lawyer Peer Rated, 2011-Present
Professional Associations And Memberships
- State Bar of California, 1976 to Present
- Los Angeles County Bar, 1976 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Rosenthal and Smith, Managing Partner, 1989 to 2006
- Stone and Wolfe, Managing Partner, 1977 to 1989
Pro Bono Activities
- President, Board Member, Parent School PTA, 1991 to 1997
- President, Board Member, Visitation School PTO, 1996 to 1999